we’ve had a fairly quiet month, business as usual as they say. mr. b prince made it back safely from the sunshine and beauty-infested state of hawai’i. (maybe he’ll update us on his little vacay soon). here are our top picks for inspiration this month. take a gander and let your mind absorb something new and original.
D E S I G N
a must-see-and-follow design industry web-blog. design observer is up-to-date knowledge for the graphic design mind that informs us on what’s happening in design around the world.
very contemporary graphic design pieces that are sure to inspire. check it!
W E B
a fun and inviting image bookmarking site. according to ffffound, they are “a web service that not only allows the users to post and share their favorite images found on the web, but also dynamically recommends each user’s tastes and interests for an inspirational image-bookmarking experience!” sounds like fun to me, how about you?
S I M P L E T H I N G S I N L I F E
dan: it’s my birthday 27th birthday today, a day of reflection on my life and times, i thought i’d share my top 10 things that make me feel nostagic about my youth. these things make me remember how such small pleasures can bring so much joy to a youthful mind. so without further adieu:
1. chuck e. cheese’s
2. board games (sorry!, chutes n’ ladders, clue)
4. little league baseball
5. water balloon fights
6. happy meals
7. the first day of school
8. water parks (raging waters, wild rivers)
9. action figures
10. new sneakers
brian: i turned 32 on the 10th, and i’m certainly feeling it. i, too, had this sense of reflection on life and had an idea to search around the house for vintage logos and other nostalgia that give me the warm and fuzzy feeling when my eyes rest a connection on them. here’s a list of things off the top of my head, and soon i will post images on my personal blog: brianprince.wordpress.com
1. lining up hotwheels and smashing them with a hammer
2. bmx and freestyle bikes and Vans
3. color coordinating my clothes in the closet
4. selling mud pies (who needs lemonade anyways?)
5. soccer (living/breathing/eating it)
6. playing detective and throwing apricots at golfers from the backyard
7. building club houses/exploring sewer drains
8. examining the logomarks of household products
9. drawing custom 4×4 and lowrider trucks
10. writing my name in different styles, creating a font each time
10.5. can’t forget countless hours of LEGOS…
S T R A I G H T – U P F E E L G O O D
that dance is infectious! this kinda thing just proves our world is much larger than the view from our living room window. this video is guaranteed to put a smile on your face!